Tuesday, September 14, 2021 at 12pm EST via Zoom
Join the Eagleton Institute of Politics and the American Political Science Association in conversation with the editors and contributors of Teaching Civic Engagement Globally as they discuss the need to teach democratic citizenship, the theoretical discussions and challenges regarding global civic engagement education, and successful evidence-based pedagogical approaches for linking democratic education research with action that reflects contemporary global circumstances.
- Elizabeth C. Matto: Rutgers University-New Brunswick
- Alison Rios Millett McCartney: Towson University
- Elizabeth A. Bennion: Indiana University South Bend
- Alasdair Blair: De Montfort University
- Taiyi Sun: Christopher Newport University
- Dawn Michele Whitehead: Association of American Colleges and Universities
- With opening remarks by APSA President-elect and Professor and Graduate Advisor at the University of North Texas, John Ishiyama.