The Summer Centennial Center Research Grants are the largest Centennial Center program for supporting research conducted by APSA members. Last year we received 107 applications and awarded 36 grants totaling $111,588 for work in all subfields of Political Science.
Summer Centennial Center Research Grants are open to all APSA members. Grants are supported by a set of endowed funds, some of which target their support to specific research topics, including gender, race, and politics, electoral politics, Asian politics, international politics, democracy and self-governing systems, legislative politics, and more. The largest of these endowed funds is open to support research in any area of the political science discipline.
The summer application deadline also offers a limited number of grants for mini-conferences, workshops, and other collaborative projects.
Maximum grant amount for research: $2,500
Maximum grant amount for conferences, workshops, etc.: $10,000
Deadline: June 15th
Eligible costs for the 2022 funding cycle include:
- Research costs associated with data collection, including costs of conducting interviews and surveys, access to archives, and more.
- Salary support for PIs and/or research assistants
- Per diems regardless of travel/location
- Research software and hardware, including statistical software, productivity software, and devices necessary for scholars with disabilities to conduct their research.
- And more! We recognize that APSA members may have research needs not included in the above list. If you have a cost that is not listed here, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Learn more about the Summer Centennial Center Research Grant and apply here. Interested in learning about other APSA grant opportunities? Visit www.apsanet.org/grants.