From beginning to end, 2018 was an incredibly successful year thanks to the generosity of donors at the individual and organization level. The outpouring of support included a surge in giving during November and December with $20,000 raised from #GiveAPSA.
On behalf the APSA Council and staff, thank you! APSA is very fortunate to have members and non-members alike who are investing in political science research and pedagogy by supporting the Association’s work.
“We are deeply grateful for the continuing support of APSA members and their friends and colleagues for APSA programs including the Ralph Bunche Summer Institute, our many important awards, and our travel grants. Our many donors have offered APSA the opportunity to substantially increase its programming and responsiveness to member needs and priorities.” said Dr. Steven Rathgeb Smith, APSA’s Executive Director.
In 2018, nearly 600 donors hailing from 22 countries contributed to the APSA Annual Fund, the Association’s annual fundraising effort, as well as the Generation to Generation Campaign for the Ralph J. Bunche Fund and other initiatives benefitting international programs, diversity and inclusion, scholarships, travel and research grants, fellowships, and recognition awards.“We look forward to working with the APSA membership in 2019 and beyond to continue to build upon our extensive programming for our members.” – Dr. Steven Rathgeb Smith, APSA Executive Director
By connecting donors’ passions with APSA’s strategic priorities, tangible impact on the profession is possible. Among the many gifts and grants recently committed:
- $200,000 from APSA President Rogers Smith and Mary Summers for the endowment fund for the Ralph Bunche Summer Institute through the Generation to Generation Campaign for the Ralph J. Bunche Fund.
- $1.2 Million from the Ivywood Foundation for the APSA Presidential Task Force on New Partnerships to fund the Public Scholarship Program and other research, teaching, and civic engagement efforts.
- $365,000 from the Henry Luce Foundation to further develop APSA Asia Programming with new research and networking workshops for early-career scholars across East and Southeast Asia.
The Opportunity to Give Back.
Gifts to APSA are a terrific benefit to present and future members of the Association and countless students of political science. Philanthropic support helps APSA continue and expand world-class programming that distinguishes the Association as the leading professional organization for political science. So make a gift to APSA today.
- Tell us your story. Your experience or reason you believe APSA is a worthy cause fuels our work. We would love to hear from you about the impact an APSA award or program has had on your education and career.
- Give while you shop. Using AmazonSmile is an easy way to support APSA any time you make everyday purchases. If you shop online, start at smile.amazon.com. It’s the same Amazon you know, but with a donation built in. At no extra cost to you, AmazonSmile will donate to APSA.
- Give as a community. Rally your friends, family, and colleagues to make a difference together by starting a Facebook Fundraiser. From your Facebook newsfeed, click “create” and select “Fundraiser.” Type in “American Political Science Association” and Facebook will build your fundraiser.
For more information about supporting APSA, go to APSA’s new online home for giving at apsanet.org/about/Support-APSA.