Submit 2022 APSA Award Nominations | Deadline: March 1, 2022
One of the many important roles of the American Political Science Association (APSA) is recognizing excellence in the political science profession. The APSA makes awards for the best dissertations, papers and articles, and books in the various subfields, and for career achievement in research, teaching and service to the discipline. These awards will be presented at the 2022 APSA Annual Meeting in Montréal, Québec, Canada. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org if you have questions.
Learn more and submit a nomination. Nominations will be accepted until March 1, 2022.
- APSA Distinguished Award for Civic and Community Engagement for significant civic or community engagement activity by a political scientist
- APSA Distinguished Teaching Award for contributions to undergraduate and graduate teaching
- John Gaus Award for scholarship in political science and public administration
- Frank J. Goodnow Award for distinguished service to the profession and APSA
- Hubert H. Humphrey Award for notable public service by a political scientist
- Carey McWilliams Award for major journalistic contributions to politics
- James Madison Award for scholarly contributions to political science
- Barbara Sinclair Lecture for achievement in promoting understanding of the U.S. Congress and legislative politics
- Ithiel de Sola Pool Award for a scholar exploring the implications of research on issues of politics in a broad range of scholarship pursued by Ithiel de Sola Pool.
Proposal and Dissertation Awards
- Gabriel A. Almond Award for best dissertation on comparative politics
- William Anderson Award for best dissertation on federalism or intergovernmental relations, state and local politics
- Edward S. Corwin Award for best dissertation on public law
- Harold D. Lasswell Award for best dissertation on policy studies
- E. Schattschneider Award for best dissertation on American government
- Kenneth Sherrill Prize for best proposal for an empirical study of LGBT topics
- Leo Strauss Award for best dissertation on political philosophy
- Merze Tate Award for best dissertation on international relations, law, and politics
- Leonard D. White Award for best doctoral dissertation on public administration
Paper, Poster, and Article
- APSA Best Poster Award for the best poster presented at the APSA Annual Meeting
- Franklin L. Burdette/Pi Sigma Alpha Award for best paper at the previous APSA Annual Meeting
- Heinz I. Eulau Award for best article in American Political Science Review and Perspectives on Politics
- Robert A. Dahl Award for scholarship on democracy
- APSA Best Book Award for the best book on government, politics, or international affairs.
- Ralph J. Bunche Award for best book on ethnic and cultural pluralism
- Benjamin E. Lippincott Award for exceptional work by a living political theorist that is still considered significant after a time span of at least 15 years since the original publication.
- Gladys M. Kammerer Award for best book on US national policy
- APSA-IPSA Theodore J. Lowi Award for best first book in any field of political science showing promise of having a substantive impact.
- Victoria Schuck Award for best book on women and politics