A roundup of blogs, articles, and interviews from APSA Members, January 12-18, 2018
Welcome to APSA Press Gallery, a weekly roundup of recent blogs, op-eds, podcasts, and interviews featuring political scientists. We are always eager to follow our members’ engagement online. Let us know what you are doing or reading with the hashtag #APSAPressGallery, or by email to email@example.com.
The Week in Writing
Recent blogs and op-eds authored by APSA members
- Why Black Voter Turnout Fell in 2016, Chryl Laird, Mischiefs of Faction, January 15, 2018
- Was the End of the Cold War the Beginning of the Oil Curse?, Cullen S. Hendrix, Political Violence at a Glance, January 16, 2018
- Powerful or Warm? Liberal and Conservative Voters Favour Different Traits in a Politician, Lasse Laustsen, Democratic Audit UK, January 16, 2018
- ‘Fake News’ and ‘Truth Decay’ Threaten America. How Can We Revive Respect for Facts?, Jennifer Kavanagh and Michael D. Rich, USA Today, January 16, 2018
- A Perfect Marriage: Evangelicals and Conservatives in Latin America, Javier Corrales, New York Times, January 17, 2018
Speaking Up: Political Scientists in the Media
Interviews, quotes, and podcasts featuring APSA members
- Trump Looks to Terminate the Diversity Lottery Program, By Rachel Martin and David Greene, featuring Anna Law, NPR Morning Edition, January 15, 2018
- Democratic Win in Northwest Wisconsin Sends Political Shock Wave, By Matthew DeFour and Molly Beck, featuring Neil Kraus, Wisconsin State Journal, January 17, 2018
Subject Spotlight: Martin Luther King Jr.
- How and Why Black Male Incarceration Is Undermining Martin Luther King, Jr.’s “Last Wish” [Audio], Keith Reeves, Swarthmore College News and Events, October 21, 2011
- Martin Luther King Was a Democratic Socialist, Peter Dreier, Huffington Post, January 18, 2016
- How the World is Proving Martin Luther King Right About Nonviolence, Erica Chenoweth and Maria J. Stephan, Monkey Cage, January 18, 2016
- Don’t Forget That Martin Luther King Jr. Was Once Denounced as an Extremist, Jeanne Theoharis, Time, January 12, 2018
- Martin Luther King Jr. Was More Radical Than We Remember, Jenn M. Jackson, Teen Vogue, January 15, 2018
Visit the APSA Public Engagement homepage to learn about resources and opportunities for public engagement, including the APSA experts database.