The spring cycle of Centennial Center Research Grants supports research in all fields of political science. The intent of these grants is to provide funding opportunities for research conducted by:
- Political scientists in non-tenure track or contingent positions who are ineligible for departmental funding.
- Political science faculty of all ranks who are employed in departments that do not grant PhDs, including community college faculty.
APSA offers a total of $40,000 in funding for these grants annually – individual grant proposals may not exceed $2,500. Grant recipients are determined through a peer-review process.
Applications require just a CV, one-paragraph abstract, short research statement, and budget outlining costs to be covered by grant.
Eligible Costs for the 2022 Cycle Include:
- Research costs associated with data collection, including costs of conducting interviews and surveys, access to archives, and more.
- Salary support for PIs
- Salary support for research assistants
- Per diems regardless of location
- Research software and hardware, including statistical software, productivity software, and devices necessary for scholars with disabilities to conduct their research.
- And more! We recognize that APSA members may have research support needs not included in the above list. If you have a cost that is not listed here, please contact us at email@example.com to confirm that the cost is eligible.
Learn more about this grant program and application requirements here.