We are pleased to announce the members of the 2019-2020 class of APSA-sponsored Congressional Fellows, who will be arriving in DC this fall. They will be joined in the coming months by federal employees, health specialists, and other professionals sponsored by select partner organizations.
The American Political Science Association (APSA) Congressional Fellowship Program is a highly selective, nonpartisan program devoted to expanding knowledge and awareness of Congress. Since 1953, it has brought select political scientists, journalists, federal employees, health specialists, and other professionals to Capitol Hill to experience Congress at work through fellowship placements on congressional staffs.
The Political Scientist Fellows
- Carlos Algara, PhD – University of California, Davis
- Christian Fong, PhD – Assistant Professor, University of Michigan
- Paul Musgrave, PhD – Assistant Professor, University of Massachusetts, Amherst
- Ryan Vander Wielen, PhD – Associate Professor, Temple University
- Catherine Wineinger, PhD – Assistant Professor, Western Washington University
- Sofia Resnick – Rewire.News, Washington, D.C.
- Joel Reed, PhD candidate – University of Missouri